24 Wine Aromas - in a Decorative Wooden Box
Our Nose Training approach is both systematic and fun, giving you the tools you need to really understand, appreciate, and talk about fine wine.
To really understand wine, focus on aroma. 95% of what we perceive as flavor is really scent. The The most stylish way to learn the aromatics of wine.
Aroma is the Crowning Glory of fine wine, the expression of its spirit and character. Understand the nose of a wine, and you understand the wine itself.
The Aroma Academy's wine aromatics training:
- Familiarizes you with proper nosing technique designed to maximize the exposure of your sense of smell to aromatic molecules
- Introduces 24 aromas that span the full range of red and white wine styles
- Standardizes the terminology you're using to describe what you're smelling
- Helps you identify the qualities you love in a favorite wine, so you can seek out other brands that also have those qualities
- Gives you a great excuse to get together with friends to "study"
The Wine Aromas home study kit contains:
- 24 aromatic essences that cover the spectrum of aromas typically found in red and white wine
- A manual that walks you through the training, and includes a guide to recreating the aroma profiles of major wine varietals
- Aroma strips, which allow each aroma to evolve over time just as wine opens in a glass
- A scoresheet that reinforces what you've learned from session to session
Wine is complicated. After you've run through Aroma Academy's training you'll learn not to be intimidated by that complexity. You'll probably even enjoy it.